Joe Evans- 1987 Alum
- Where are you currently employed? I currently own Evans Insurance & Asset Management in Orem, Utah. I manage insurance and investments for businesses and individuals and have been doing that for 20 years.
- What are your hobbies? In my spare time, I have coached my kid's teams and I wrote a book that was published by Cedar Fort publishing. The book is called "Encompassing Charity."
- How did Snow College contribute to your accomplishments? I graduated from Snow with my AS degree in 1987 and followed that with a BS degree in Finance from BYU in 1992. After I attended Snow College, I served a mission for the LDS church in Los Angeles, California. I played quarterback at Snow College where I was named All-American and went on to serve as Ty Detmer's backup at BYU.
- What is your most memorable moment at Snow College? I have many great memories from my time at Snow. The teammates and coaches that I associated with are quality people and will be friends for the rest of my life. The college and city provide a small town environment that allows college students to develop deeper relationships with the people that they interact with. The turkey manure that, because of a night's rain followed by a hot summer day, filled the campus with that unique Sanpete aroma will live in my memory for ever. Snow College provided me with a foundation for my life along many memories. I will always carry a piece of Sanpete County, Ephraim, and Snow College with me wherever I go. Those were great days.
- What additional information would you like for other alumni to know about you? I met my wife, Shauna, at the 1991 Holiday Bowl which featured BYU and Iowa University. We have been married 20 years and have 5 children, Madison-19, Jeremiah-16, Elle-13, Hayley-12, Luke-8. We currently live in American Fork, Utah.
If you would like to be highlighted, or know someone who would, please contact the Advancement Office by phone: 435-283-7060 or email: email@example.com.