Matthew Lloyd Call - 2008 Alum
- Where are you currently employed? I am currently working as a research assistant for the Marriage and Family Therapy department at Brigham Young University. I am also a student intern at the BYU Comprehensive Clinic.
- What are your hobbies? Largely, I spend my down time with friends and family. But I occasionally enjoy racquetball, reading (for fun), and cooking Thai food. Although I never have time for it, I also love theater.
- How did Snow College contribute to your accomplishments? In many ways Snow College was a critical choice point in my life. When I entered Snow College fresh out of high school, I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my life. The small school atmosphere and dedicated faculty gave me an opportunity not only to improve my grades and hone my study skills, but it also gave me a chance to "sample" a variety of academic disciplines before I settled on my final choice of family therapy. In particular, I owe everyone at the Snow College Theater department a great debt for providing me with an academic "home" where I could feel welcome and accepted while I sifted through the many options. Although, I ultimately chose not to make theater my profession, my heart will always be in the Eccles building. I learned how to study, write, think critically, appreciate diverse opinions, Salsa dance, and even quilt. But most important of all, at Snow College I learned that there was a world of knowledge out there and that I had the skills, resources, and dedication to discover it. In a word, at Snow, I discovered the principle of self-efficacy.
- What is your most memorable moment at Snow College? As I mentioned before, I love theater and will never forgot the productions I was privileged to be a part of. In particular, my most memorable moment was playing the role of Jim Curry in the Snow College production of "The Rainmaker". The cast and crew were fantastic to work with and Brad Olsen, the director taught me so much about what I was capable of doing. I have never had so much fun in my life.
- What additional information would you like for other alumni to know about you? After graduating from Snow I transferred to Brigham Young University, where I earned my bachelor’s degree in family studies. I am now working on my first year in the Masters of Marriage and Family Therapy program
If you would like to be highlighted, or know someone who would, please contact the Advancement Office by phone: 435-283-7060 or email: email@example.com.