Nelson Abbott- 1997 Alum
- Where are you currently employed?I have been self-employed since September 1997, when I started my own insurance agency with Farm Bureau Financial Services in Payson, Utah.
- What are your hobbies? My hobbies include model railroading, raising pigeons for show, camping and hiking.
- How did Snow College contribute to your accomplishments? In 1997, I graduated Cum Laude with a degree in business management; which prepared me to run my own business by giving me the skills necessary to manage, run and operate my own business venture. I have also used these skills as I have served on the Elk Ridge City Council, Elk Ridge Planning Commission and South Utah Valley Electric Service District (SESD) Board.
- What is your most memorable moment at Snow College?My most memorable moments are meeting my wife, and creating a "Root Beer Float" for the homecoming parade in 1996. For this float, my friends and I purchased all the root beer in stock at Kent's Market grocery store and took them to the dorms. We handed the root bear out to students and asked them to drink it so we could use the empty cans. We returned later that evening and collected the empty cans to use in the creation of out float. It took about 3 hours to glue them together and we ended up with a castle made out of empty cans of root beer. During the parade route, we threw root beer flavored candy.
- What additional information would you like alumni to know about you? Since graduating, I have been a Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, two-term City Councilman, Planning Commission Board member, SESD Board member, County Delegate and business owner.
If you would like to be highlighted, or know someone who would, please contact the Advancement Office by phone: 435-283-7060 or email: email@example.com.