- Log into your BadgerMail e-mail account.
Snow College provides every student with an e-mail account hosted by Google, therefore it is a gmail account specifically for Snow College students. Your subscription to the class mailing list must be from your BadgerMail account. However, you can have any mail delivered to that account forwarded to another e-mail account.
- Compose a new mail message.
- This message will be sent To: email@example.com. A Subject is not necessary for this message. You are simply subscribing to a class mailing list. This message will be read by a computer not a person.
The message must be plain text so if necessary, click on Plain Text just above the body of the message.
- The Message should contain the following one line: subscribe name-of-list "your name" where name-of-list is something like cs1400. The quotation marks around your name are required.
- Send the message. After a few moments, check for new mail confirming your subscription. You should receive a message indicating that you are subscribed to the class list. Now that you are subscribed to the class mailing list, you will receive any messages sent to the class mailing list. You may also send messages to the class list and everyone subscribed will receive a copy of your message.
- Log out of your BadgerMail account if you are finished with it.