The East House

The East House and the nearby Museum are the oldest buildings at the Center. Built in 1912, the East House originally served as the residence for the Station's first Director,
Dr. Arthur Sampson.

The interior of the front of the house has been restored and appears as it did during the early days of the Station. The back part of the building has been remodeled to meet lodging needs for our visitors with disabilities.

This building houses an infirmary, sleeping accommodations for four, and the Director's office.