Diversity scholarships are to promote diversity in the student body by considering ethnic origin.
Additional priority consideration will be given to students with at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA and based on the following geographic indicators:
Diversity scholarships are awarded up to full resident tuition and may be awarded for one or two semesters. Students are encouraged to reapply each year.
- Sanpete/Sevier Counties;
- Juab, Millard, Piute, Wayne Counties;
- All other Utah Residents;
- US Citizens.
This scholarship is available to full and part-time students. Students are required to be registered for at least 6 credit hours.
We encourage ALL students to apply for all available scholarships and for
Federal Financial Aid, FAFSA.
In addition to this
Diversity Scholarship Application,
students must submit the following for scholarship consideration:
- Letter of Introduction (see application)
- Financial Statement (see application)
- High School transcripts with ACT or SAT scores for all students with less than 20 college credits earned since graduating from high school. All others must submit college transcripts showing all credit earned.
NOTE: applicants are responsible for submitting transcripts with the application materials. This application process is separate from the Admissions and all other scholarship processes.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members. These letters can be from teachers, school counselors or advisors, employers, ecclesiastical or community leaders familiar with the detail you outline in your Letter of Introduction and/or Financial Statement;
- A one page resume is optional.