LPN Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Practical Nursing program at Snow College will demonstrate
- Apply basic principles from the biological and behavioral sciences and nursing theory
to determine nursing actions for individuals and their families in a variety of health
- Participate as a mid-level member of a nursing team assigned to complete patient assessments,
including planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care to assist clients
of all ages to meet their functional needs.
- Safely implement evidence-based psychomotor skills within the LPN scope of practice.
- Use effective communication skills with clients, family members, and health team members.
- Provide health education for individuals, families, and peers within the LPN scope
- Demonstrate concern for sociocultural and spiritual values when interacting with clients
and health team members in a variety of settings.
- Display responsibility and accountability for his/her nursing care utilizing ethical
and legal principles within the LPN scope of practice.
- Select appropriate goals for continued self-growth and vocational mobility to achieve
his/her full potential.
- Provide service to classmates, clients, families, community, and health team members.
Program outcomes are developed as performance indicators to provide evidence that
the PN program is meeting the mission and goals established by the nursing program.
The Program outcomes are measured by NCLEX pass rates, program completion, job placement
rates, graduate satisfaction and employer satisfaction. The PN program utilizes the
ACEN Standards and Criteria (2013 edition) to demonstrate evidence of achievement
in meeting the program outcomes.
The program outcomes include the following:
Outcome 1: The Snow College NCLEX-PN pass rate for the LPN program will meet or exceed 80% for
all first-time test-takers.
Outcome 2: A minimum of 80 percent of students will graduate from the Snow College LPN program
1½ times the length of the program.
Outcome 3: At least 50% of program graduates will be employed within six to twelve months after
Outcome 4: At least 75% of program graduates will continue their education within six to twelve
months after graduation.