A general education prepares individuals to engage the world as responsible citizens, members of the workforce, and participants in human culture. In keeping with Snow College's tradition of excellence, students who graduate with an Associate of Science or an Associate of Arts degree have completed a rigorous program of general education courses. Specifically,
A student who graduates from Snow College with an AS or AA degree:
1. has a fundamental knowledge of human cultures and the natural world, with particular emphasis on:
2. can read, retrieve, evaluate, interpret, and deliver information using a variety of traditional and electronic media;
3. can speak and write effectively and respectfully as a member of the global community, and work effectively as a member of a team;
4. can reason quantitatively in a variety of contexts;
5. can respond with informed sensitivity to an artistic work or experience;
6. can reason analytically, critically, and creatively about nature, culture, facts, values, ethics, and civic policy;
7. can address complex problems by integrating the knowledge and methodologies of multiple disciplines.
A student who graduates from Snow College with an AA degree:
8. can speak, read, and write a foreign language with basic proficiency.
Ratified by the Snow College Faculty Senate December 7, 2011