Skip to content

Financial Aid Office

The purpose of financial aid is to assist students in paying for their education. It is a need-based program, and eligibility is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( Federal Student aid includes grants, work-study, and loans. Financial aid will not cover all educational expenses, but is designed to assist students in meeting those needs. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, or age.

Please begin your financial aid process by completing the required FASFA application

Financial Aid Links

College Cost Calculator


What can Financial Aid Offer Me?

The Snow College Financial Aid Department offers several important types of financial assistance to students


PELL - This award ranges from approximately $600 to $5700 and is the principle federal grant program. The amount is based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is calculated based on information supplied to the U.S. Department of Education in the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).

SEOG - Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant - This grant has a limited budget and is awarded to students who apply early and are Pell grant eligible.


Federal Direct Student Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) - Loans made by and guaranteed by the Federal Government (Department of Education). Stafford Loans range from $0 to $5500 per year depending on need and year in school. The Federal Government pays the interest on Subsidized Stafford Loans until six months after the student leaves school or drops below half-time enrollment.. Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are essentially the same, but there are no interest subsidies. Visit for more information.

PLUS - This is a loan the parent(s) of the student apply for and receive. Therefore eligibility is based on the parents credit rating. It is guaranteed by the Federal Government, but the borrowers are responsible for the interest.

Repayment Options - Learn more about information regarding different options


(All on-campus jobs can be viewed through the "Student" tab in your Badgerweb account)

Work Study - The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need. Students must be awarded "work-study" before they can apply for any work-study position. Work-Study funds are disbursed in a monthly paycheck. These jobs are typically 8-12 hours per week.

Other Campus Jobs - All students can apply for "Work to Learn" and "Hourly" job positions.


Contact Financial Aid Office:

Snow College Financial Aid Office
Box 1005
150 College Ave
Ephraim, UT 84627

Fax 435.283.7134

email address for this person


Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the Snow College Financial Aid School Code? 
    The financial aid school code for Snow College is 003679.
  • When will my money be available? 
    After all the necessary paperwork has been received in the financial aid office, it takes approximately four weeks to complete processing. Students need to come prepared to pay for books, housing, and other personal items. All Scholarships, Grants, and Loans will be credited to your student account. If a refund is owed you, it will not be issued until after the first day of classes. You can receive your refund check in one of two ways:
  • Direct Deposit - This is the fastest, most accurate, and preferred way. To get setup, please stop by the Cashier's Office. 
  • What information is requested by Snow College? 
    Once the FAFSA information is received by the financial aid office all students will be notified in writing of the additional information needed to complete their individual file.
  • How many classes do I need to take to receive aid? 
    To be considered a full-time student you must be enrolled for 12 or more credit hours. Three-quarter time is 9 to 11 credit hours and half-time is 6 to 8 credit hours. If you are taking less then 3 credit hours no aid will be awarded.
  • What happens if I drop a class? 
    Students are paid financial aid based on credit hours. To be eligible for full grants and loans you will need to be a full-time student. Students who drop classes within the first three weeks will have their aid adjusted to match their enrollment. Students who reduce their enrollment after the third week will not be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress and may be suspended from aid. We encourage you to plan carefully so that punitive actions are not taken.
  • What if I am attending more than one school during the same semester? 
    If a student is attending more than one school during the same semester a consortium agreement needs to be completed to ensure that a student receives their full financial aid. Only one school can pay a student financial aid per semester. If you have any question regarding a consortium agreement please contact the Financial Aid Office at email address for this person or at 435-283-7129.
  • What about scholarships? 
    Scholarships are different from financial aid - you can be awarded both a scholarship and financial aid. For questions or to apply for a scholarship contact the Welcome Center at 435-283-7150 or visit scholarships.


Learn budgeting and financial skills, take free online courses at CashCourse:

Cash Course