Academic Advisor PT
Review Date: March 21, 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Job Status: Accepting Applications
Snow College seeks a highly collaborative academic advising professional on the Richfield
campus to serve as a part-time academic advisor to students as they pursue degrees,
certificates, and pathways to transfer. The selected candidate will work as a member
of a team of 16 highly motivated student success professionals. This position reports
to the Director of the Student Success Center and coordinates regularly with the Assistant
Director of Academic Advising and Completion Initiatives. The Student Success Center
has a strong commitment to professional development and generally sends both full
and part-time employees to at least one professional conference each year.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Some experience working with college students and/or high school students in a student
development, academic affairs, student services, or related capacity; experience in
academic advising and/or student life strongly preferred.
- Experience working with non-traditional college students is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; report writing and assessment skills.
- Ability to establish strong professional relationships with on-campus as well as off-campus
- Technologically proficient with email and MS office suite; student-information-system
experience (i.e. Banner or similar) is strongly preferred.
- Strong organization skills; the ability to prioritize multiple tasks Strong attention
to detail and problem solving
- Strong commitment and motivation to contribute to the success of Snow College students
- A working knowledge of student development theory, best practices, and FERPA are highly
- Provide high quality, personal academic advising to Snow College students on the Richfield
campus, which includes, but is not limited to: selecting majors, selecting coursework/scheduling,
connecting students to campus resources, tracking student progress, and assisting
students in the transfer process
- Participate in early intervention activities with at-risk students
- Stay current with: general education requirements, major requirements, prerequisite
requirements, transfer requirements, graduation requirements, and campus policies
- Attend state, regional, and/or national conferences and training as needed.
- Collaborate and participate in admissions and orientation events as needed.
- Stay current with Student Success Technologies (Banner experience is a plus)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Student Success Center
Some paid travel is required of this position (conferences, meetings, training, and
recruitment activities) outside of normal work hours. This may include occasional
over-night stays depending on the location of the activity attended. Occasional evening
and weekend work is required of this position in support of special events.
This position pays $15.50/hour with unpaid vacation time available and no benefits.
This is an 11-month position with the month of June off each year. Work hours are
somewhat flexible and will fluctuate some during the academic year during busier months.
Generally, hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00-2:30 & 8:30-12:30 on Friday's.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Transcripts (Unofficial copies at this point)
5. Three current references with complete contact information