SBDC Regional Director at Snow College
Review Date: September 29, 2017
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Job Status: Accepting Applications
The SBDC Regional Director at Snow College provides leadership in planning, coordinating,
and overseeing the development, delivery, and reporting of all professional programs,
activities, and services of the SBDC and Custom Fit Training within the assigned service
region to (1) accomplish the purposes of the grant agreement(s) and, (2) be consistent
with the goals and objectives of the Utah SBDC and Custom Fit Training program. The
assigned service region includes Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier and Wayne Counties.
Offices of the SBDC and Custom Fit Training program at Snow College are located on
both the Ephraim and Richfield campuses, with the primary office for this position
currently in Ephraim.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field or at least seven (7)
years’ experience in either business ownership and operations and/or equivalent combination
of education and experience with demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities
necessary for this position may be accepted.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- This position may require the successful completion of the standard professional development
and/or certification program accepted by the Utah SBDC within a reasonable period
- Small business ownership experience is preferred.
- The following types of experience are desirable: business management, field sales,
training program administration, teaching, and counseling/consulting.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of current business principles and practices is required.
- Evidence of strong organizational and communication (listening, speaking and writing)
- Good public relations skills.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local agencies or programs for business development
and/or training is desired
- Proficiency with computer applications necessary for the operation of the job.
Performance of assigned responsibilities will require ability to travel within the
assigned service region. Occasional travel beyond the service region for state meetings,
conferences, etc. will also be necessary.
- Direct center’s operations consistent with the goals and strategies of the state SBDC
program and Custom Fit Training program.
- Manage program budget(s).
- Ensure compliance with thorough and timely compilation, maintenance and submission
of required records and reports.
- Evaluate and measure effectiveness and impact of center’s programs and services.
- Supervise business advisors’ and support staffs’ counseling, training and reporting
activities to optimize performance and outcomes.
- Ensure positive awareness and supportive relationships with key stakeholders including,
but not limited to SBA, UCAT, local and state government offices, business lending
and investment organizations, economic development offices, trade groups, educational
institutions, legislators and hosts.
- Facilitate promotion of SBDC and Custom Fit Training services to potential pre-venture
and existing business clients.
- Attend state meetings and conferences as required.
Counseling and Training
- Provide professional and confidential business analysis, counseling, and referrals
to appropriate resources.
- Plan, market and provide training (and evaluation thereof) on subjects relevant for
industry and business in the assigned service region.
- Develop a resource network to achieve program objectives.
- Fulfill other duties and requirements as detailed in the request for proposal and
$55,000 - $65,000
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to email@example.com
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Transcripts (Unofficial copies at this point)
5. Three current references with complete contact information