Instructor/Assistant Professor of Economics
Review Date: March 31, 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2018
Job Status: Accepting Applications
Snow College’s Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a professor of
economics. The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in a variety
of economics classes, including but not limited to Economics, Principles of Macroeconomics,
and Principles of Microeconomics, and perhaps other classes in another social science
PREFERRED: PhD in economics or related discipline from an accredited institution (ABD
will also be considered).
REQUIRED: Master’s degree in economics or related discipline. Candidates should be
prepared to demonstrate how their degree field and/or experience would supplement
the department and benefit students.
- Ability, experience, and qualification to teach introductory classes in both microeconomics
- Ability and desire to teach courses through interactive video conferencing to high
school concurrent enrollment students.
- Demonstrate experience and excellence in teaching.
- Be committed to facilitate the growth of the Social and Behavioral Sciences program
at Snow College.
- Be experienced in engaged learning pedagogies.
- Be adept in diverse instructional methods (i.e., face to face, online, hybrid, and
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in oral and written English.
- Teach primarily general education introductory courses in economics and other social
- Teach 14-16 credits per semester through a variety of delivery modes and in multiple
campus locations, including concurrent enrollment courses through IVC delivery.
- Develop collaborative relationships with colleagues at Snow and at the transfer institutions
and with external constituents.
- Mentor and advise students; possible student club advisor (may be outside of traditional
- Participate in campus-wide committees and service to the campus and community at large.
- Willingness and ability to work on interdisciplinary projects and to assist students
in engaged learning activities.
- Willingness to promote education programs in the local community and beyond. (Creating
community and industry partners, traveling to schools, etc.)
- Program and curriculum development.
- Full-time one-year position, with possibility of converting into a tenure-track position.
- About Snow College
- Professional commitment - 40+ hours per week - 9 months per year
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to email@example.com
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Transcripts (Unofficial copies at this point)
5. Three current references with complete contact information
Optional Applicant Documents:
1. Peer Evaluations from recent academic years
2. Student Evaluations from recent academic years