Instructor/Assistant Professor of Business
Review Date: April 21, 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2019
Job Status: Accepting Applications
The Snow College Business Department is seeking a dynamic instructor with experience
in a real-world business setting. Candidates should have a strong background in teaching
or training, developing curriculum or instructional materials, and engaging with college
- Required master’s degree in business administration or other business-related field.
- Preferred PhD or DBA.
- Preferred experience in industry or as an entrepreneur.
- Proven successful teaching excellence and experience teaching business topics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport and relate to college students from a wide
range of academic and social backgrounds.
- Proven success collaborating in teams.
- Proven dynamic teaching style with an innovative approach.
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Values rigorous academic expectations.
- Clearly possesses qualifications and ability to teach a variety of introductory business
courses, including business law, strategic selling, and entrepreneurship.
- Required industry-level competence in business technology, with particular emphasis
- Preferred experience with program and course assessment.
- Highly committed to faculty development and keeping current with trends in business,
as well as current best practices in teaching.
- Be adept in diverse instructional methods (i.e., face to face, online, hybrid, and
IVC). Experience with the Canvas LMS preferred.
- Values and demonstrates attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to instruct students who come from a variety of educational backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in oral and written English.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the mission and role of Snow College in the Utah
System of Higher Education.
- Carry a load of 15 credits per semester through a variety of delivery modes, possibly
in multiple campus locations.
- Assist in developing new programs, campus and community partnerships, and curriculum.
- Develop and update Business Department syllabi and courses.
- Develop collaborative relationships with colleagues at Snow, at the transfer institutions,
and with external constituents.
- Participate in course and program assessment.
- Advise and mentor students, possibly as a student club advisor.
- Lead and organize special programming and/or events as assigned.
- Participate in campus-wide committees and service to the campus and community at large.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position. Nine-month annual contract with an excellent
$47,000 - $50,780 per year (based on experience/qualifications)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to email@example.com
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter, addressing qualifications and duties of the position.
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Transcripts (unofficial copies at this point)
5. Names/contact information (including email address) for three references