Mobile App Manager
Review Date: February 12, 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Job Status: Accepting Applications
This position would be in the Office of Marketing and Communications. The position
would be similar to a project manager, the candidate should be a self-starter and
motivated employee. The position would be managing the Snow College mobile app and
would include the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate the student engagement process with the mobile app.
- Manage the marketing of the mobile app to students in order to obtain a high adoption
rate. Create marketing materials to provide excitement and interest for students to
download and use the mobile app.
- Review and moderate the mobile app social wall for use and content.
- Promote the app on campus, be an advocate for the mobile app and help faculty and
staff understand the use and benefits of the mobile app. Help the college improve
the services and functions of the app to be most beneficial to the college.
- Coordinate and communicate with the mobile app vendor on a regular basis, in developing
a good understanding of the mobile app and how the college would receive the best
integration and benefits from the use of the app across all campus, students, faculty,
staff, alumni, parents, visitors and potential students.
- Responsible to training students, faculty and staff to use the mobile app.
- Communicate app improvement suggestions to the OMC and the vendor, reporting bugs
and operational issues.
- Manage the mobile app through a web-based back-end management system.
- Manage the mobile app notification system, including writing notification posts and
announcements as needed.
- Review analytics and usage data with college offices and departments to understand
student usage of the app and how it can be of benefit to the the college. Continuously
review, understand and implement ways this data can be utilized within the strategic
enrollment management plan.
- Coordinate feedback to college administration and campus-student services and other
- Must have a smart phone and/or mobile device, and be proficient in its’ operation.
- Must understand and have working ability with basic computer usage and operations,
including Microsoft Office programs or Apple Office programs, internet browsers, etc.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills
- A knowledge of marketing and advertising theory and practices are preferred.
- An understanding or previous experience of higher education culture is preferred.
The candidate does not need to know any software coding, though an understanding of
computer and software skills are required.
Part-time; Approx. 20 hours per week
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Three current references with complete contact information