Testing Center Manager
Review Date: May 3, 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Job Status: Accepting Applications
Snow College seeks a detailed oriented and customer service oriented individual to
effectively manage the high volume of course, placement, certification and other testing
provided in Snow College's Ephraim testing center. This position supervises a staff
of part time student and non-student testing proctors and assistants and works closely
with faculty members and other department managers to provide high quality test administration
services. This position currently reports to the Vice President for Student Success.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is required.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills are essential
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and other computer skills are needed.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple detailed procedures in an accurate and timely
- Experience supervising staff members of various ages and ability levels
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentially and keep accurate records
- Dependability and a proven ability to manage peak high volume work periods and changing
- A minimum of 3 years of staff management or supervisory experience is preferred
- Administer and score tests for courses, various state and national exams, and other
college related exams
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise part time student and non-student staff members.
- Maintain a balanced testing schedule that maximizes testing center efficiency throughout
the academic year.
- Mange the testing center budget responsibly.
- Maintain the center's laptop testing computers and scoring equipment effectively.
- Prepare accurate scoring reports and records.
- Work collaboratively with faculty leadership, faculty members, and other departments
that utilize testing services to provide quality customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work hours are generally 8-5 however some evening and weekend work will be required
as needed to support the testing center's schedule.
- Minimal paid travel may be required of this position for occasional training outside
of normal work hours. This may include over-night stays depending on the location
of the activity attended.
$42,000-43,500 DOE, Snow College offers a generous benefits package including 12 paid
holidays in addition to annual leave/vacation time.
Full-time; this is a 12-month staff position
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Snow College Employment Application
4. Transcripts (Unofficial copies at this point)
5. Three current references with complete contact information