... inspiring employees to MOVE, THINK, & LEARN
We can’t believe that it is March already! This month we are going to focus on nutrition.
In the past two months we have worked on increasing our fruit and vegetable intake.
This month for nutrition, we want to focus on our water intake. This is more important
than people realize. Each week we will slowly increase by one cup. By the end of the
month, you would be taking in 8 cups of water a day!
What are the benefits of drinking water? The following is a list of 15 benefits of
drinking water from an article written by James McIntosh and published on MedicalNewsToday.
I have included the link if you would like to read it for more detailed information.
Fifteen benefits of drinking water
- It lubricates the joints
- It forms saliva and mucus
- It delivers oxygen throughout the body
- It boosts skin health and beauty
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
- It regulates body temperature
- The digestive system depends on it
- It flushes body waste
- It helps maintain blood pressure
- The airways need it
- It makes minerals and nutrients accessible
- It prevents kidney damage
- It boosts performance during exercise
- Weight loss
- It reduces the chance of a hangover
Each week there will be three goals to work towards: Wellness, Dietary and Exercise.
One point is earned each week, for each goal completed, for a total of 13 possible
points for March. This month, an additional bonus point is available!
One point for each goal completed for a total of 13 points in March
March 4th - 8th
- Wellness Goal - How much time do you spend on your phone? Track it.
- Dietary Goal - Drink 5 cups of water per day - We are going to work up to 8 cups per day by the end of this month!
- Exercise Goal - Focus on your core - There are many great examples of core exercises on Pinterest and blogs.
March 11th - 15th
- Wellness Goal - After tracking your phone time, cut back usage in one area -
- Dietary Goal - Drink 6 cups of water per day
- Exercise Goal - Focus on your arms - There are many great examples of arm exercises on Pinterest and blogs.
March 18th - 22nd
- Wellness Goal - Clean up those apps on your phone you no longer use.
- Dietary Goal - Drink 7 cups of water per day
- Exercise Goal - Focus on legs - There are many great examples of leg exercises on Pinterest and blogs.
March 25th - March 29th
- Wellness Goal - Be mindful of how you schedule your time. Make time for YOU!
- Dietary Goal - Drink 8 cups of water per day - You did it! You are now consuming 8 cups of water per day!
- Exercise Goal - Focus on cardio - There are many great examples of cardio exercises on Pinterest and blogs.
Attend nutrition presentation on March 27th at 12:30 at Founders Hall and SVC 206
FitBit Orders - Coming soon
Please contact: Christine Hanks at email@example.com, x7376.