... inspiring employees to MOVE, THINK, & LEARN
Couch to 5k
Get off the couch and get moving with the SnowFit Couch to 5k Challenge!
Join us this spring as we offer the SnowFit Couch to 5k Challenge! SnowFit is happy
to announce this new program that will begin on Wednesday, March 22nd. Meet in the
Founders Hall at 5:15 to put groups together and receive guidance. See you there!
This program is designed for anyone interested in completing the 5k run/walk at the
Scandinavian Festival in Ephraim on May 27th. Semi-structured group training sessions
as well as nutrition and wellness information will be included as part of this exciting
program. The SnowFit Couch to 5k Challenge is designed for walkers, joggers, and runners
of all ages, shapes, sizes, and ability levels.
Jason Springer, Director of the Student Success Center, will lead this effort to get
Snow College moving after a cold and snowy winter. Jason has been competing in triathlons
for over 15 years. He is a USA Triathlon Certified Coach and owner of Red Rock Multisport
which specializes in helping people get fit and participate in the sport of triathlon.
For more information or to sign-up for updates about the SnowFit Couch to 5k Challenge
please email Christine Hanks at email@example.com. Let’s get moving Snow College!
Couch to 5k - 9 week program
Health Challenge 1 - Let's Talk Sugar!!!
Report your successes in accomplishing these weekly challenges by emailing Christine Hanks for tickets towards a fun drawing at the end of the school year!
Weeks 32 & 33 (APR 10 - APR 23) No Sweets
Weeks 30 & 31 (MAR 27 - APR 9) 30 Active Minutes/day
Weeks 29 & 30 (MAR 13 - MAR 26) 7+ hours of sleep/night
Weeks 27 & 28 (FEB 27 - MAR 12) 64 oz. of water/day
Weeks 25 & 26 (FEB 13 - FEB 26) 1 Mile for Every 2 Hours Worked (Total of 20/week)
Weeks 23 & 24 (JAN 30 - FEB 12) Log food and water every day
Weeks 21 & 22 (JAN 16 - JAN 29) Be an Early Riser!
Weeks 19 & 20 (JAN 2- JAN 15) 100 Flights of Stairs/Week
Weeks 17 & 18 - Take a Break
Weeks 15 & 16 (DEC 16 - Jan 1) 64 oz of water per day. (challenge for tickets)
Weeks 13 & 14 (NOV 28 - DEC 15) Don't skip breakfast. (bonus days for points)
Weeks 11 & 12 (NOV 14 - 27) - Walk 1 mile for every 2 hrs worked.
Weeks 9 & 10 (OCT 24 - NOV 6) - No sweets, Financial debt = Cut credit cards.
Weeks 7 & 8 (OCT 10 - 23) - Add veggie to each meal, Financial savings = Pay self
Weeks 5 & 6 (SEP 26 - OCT 9) - Add 30 min Activity/Day.
Weeks 3 & 4 (SEP 12 - 25) - Walk to Work, Financial savings = Set goal and make a
Weeks 1 & 2 (AUG 29 - SEP 11) - 64 oz. Water/Day.
Bring out the "Super Hero" in you by challenging yourself to one of the following
workouts each day!
For tickets in the prize drawing at the end of the year, report your participation
to Christine Hanks.
The Flash Workout
The Hulk Workout
Hunger Games Tribute Workout
Storm Trooper Workout
FEATURED COMMUNITY EVENTS
Spinning into Spring!
See our Facebook Page for more details, or call Gwenaley (435-201-1650) or Liz (435-813-2405).
Classes are located at the West Campus. First class is free! Punch cards can be purchased
at the cashiers office.
M,W,F - 5:30 a.m.
MW - 8:30 p.m.
F - 8:30 a.m.
Each class you attend from March 13 - April 21 will give you one ticket in the Prize
Drawing at the end of the school year! Your name will be automatically reported to
Christine Hanks for credit.
- What happens to points I earned last year?
How much does it cost to participate?
- The points program will continue through Dec 15th. All previous points earned will
carry over. Un-redeemed points will become tickets (10/1) in a prize drawing at the
end of the 2017 Spring Semester.
Can my spouse participate?
- Participation is technically free to employees and their spouses. However, negotiated
discounted healthy lifestyle products and services i.e. gym membership in Richfield,
or FitBit device purchase costs may apply.
What if my FitBit stops working or becomes damaged?
- Spouses of all permanent FT/PT employees can participate.
How do I sign up for payroll deduction?
Can part-time employees participate? What about their spouses?
- FitBit will service your device and often-times replace it if there is a problem that
cannot be resolved within one year of purchase. Go to help.fitbit.com and select 'live chat' to get your replacement processed. (Contact Christine Hanks for replacement questions: x7054)
How does the program differ for Richfield vs. Ephraim employees?
- All permanent PT employees are invited to participate. Their spouses are also invited.
Can I purchase my own FitBit and still participate?
- Because Richfield does not have an activity center, special prices were negotiated
at Lifetime Fitness and Impact Fitness gyms for Snow College employees participating
- Because Ephraim has an activity center, special rates were negotiated for Snow College
employees that affect family rates for the AC.
- Yes. Just be sure to give your information to SnowFit to participate in activities
and win prizes.
Sign Up "Steps"
You may participate in any of the following ways to receive benefits. This program
is entirely voluntary.
I. Obtain a FitBit Device
- Purchase a FitBit device with the corporate discount through SnowFit. (If already
have a FitBit device and do not wish to upgrade skip to step II.)
- Complete the form HERE to purchase the fitbit device through the school as an employee or for a spouse/dependent
of the employee.
- Review the Fitbit website to decide on which Fitbit device you would like to purchase.
- All devices must be paid in full at the Cashiers Office. Bring order form and receipts
to Christine Hanks in HR.
II. Join the FitBit Community
- Set up a FitBit.com account.
- Send your FitBit account email to Christine Hanks. (This email is used for replacements, challenges, and weekly communications.)
III. Accept assignment to a team for the current "Walk" competition
- Those who want to participate in the "Walk" will assemble their teams and report the
names to Christine Hanks who will establish the online challenge.
- Employees can also ask Christine for assistance in team formation.
IV. Join the Facebook Group
- Joining the Facebook community will give you the opportunity to support your fellow Snow College employees
in their efforts to be more physically fit, share recipies, seek encouragement, and
inspire each other.
- Great articles, community events, and other resources will also be made available
V. Participation in SnowFit Events
- SnowFit promotes many community health expos, 5K events, and other fitness-related
events and offers incentives for participation.
How To Set Up A Tracker On A Mobile Device
How To Sync and Get Notifications with iOS Devices
How To Sync and Get Notifications with Android Devices
How To Sync with Windows Devices
How To Automatically Record Exercises with SmartTrack
How To Use Sleep Tools
How To Set Up A Tracker On A Computer
Please contact: Christine Hanks at firstname.lastname@example.org, x7054