Theatre Arts Department
Theatre is the art and craft of play production. It includes the study of dramatic
literature and theory, theatre history, acting, set design, lighting design, costume
de- sign and film. In addition to the scholarly exploration of these subjects, the
theatre program emphasizes the practical application of knowledge gained and skills
learned through annual performances before live audiences.
Theatre also explores the historical, cultural and social milieu that produced significant
works of dramatic literature.
Students who complete an emphasis in theatre at Snow College will be expected to demonstrate
- know the historical and cultural development of western dramatic literature and tradition;
- know the characteristics of significant literary schools from classism to Shakespeare;
- are able to criticize significant great works in terms of the period in which they
- are able to perform the basic duties of a stage technician;
- are able to perform a variety of roles from tragic, comic and musical theatre;
- feel or appreciate the literary and humanistic significance of drama;
- feel or appreciate significant works of drama from a variety of schools and authors;
- feel or appreciate the visual and oral elements of theatre.
2015-2016 Theatre Productions to be announced soon!
Check out our past productions.