Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

The financial aid school code for Snow College is 003679.
We are happy to help students with all their financial aid questions, including FAFSA questions. Please call our office at 435.283.7129 for help.
Money received from Pell grants or work study jobs does not need to be paid back. Subsidized and unsubsidized loans both will need to be repaid upon leaving school, whether or not you graduate.
Visit and follow the directions to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. It’s free to fill out, and all the information you give is strictly confidential.
All scholarships, grants, and loans will be automatically credited to your student account. You will be responsible to pay any tuition or fees that these funds do not cover. If there are funds leftover, the money will be sent to you. You will receive your refund either by direct deposit, which can be setup at the Cashier’s Office, or by check, which will be sent to the address on file.
To be considered a full-time student, you must be enrolled for 12 or more credit hours. Students taking less than 12 credit hours can still qualify for a smaller aid package.
Before dropping a class, we strongly encourage you to talk to either a financial aid or academic advisor. Dropping below a certain number of credit hours could affect your financial aid or scholarship awards. You could lose your financial aid and/or scholarship for future semesters, or even be required to pay some of the Pell Grant money back.
If you qualified for a Pell Grant but haven’t yet received the money, you may have forgotten to either accept your award or complete the required forms. Please see the financial aid office for more details.
There are several reasons students may not receive Pell Grant money.
  1. You must complete the FAFSA every year. If you didn’t complete the FAFSA for this academic year, you will not receive any funds.
  2. Federal Pell Grants are awarded based on economic need. If you did not receive a Pell Grant, it may be because you exceed the income limits.
  3. Academic eligibility: To receive Pell Grant funds, you must be enrolled in enough credit hours and meet the minimum GPA requirements. Please see the Financial Aid office for more details.
Scholarships are different from financial aid. You can be awarded both a scholarship and financial aid. Please visit the scholarship office for more information about the scholarships available.
If a student is attending more than one school during the same semester a consortium agreement needs to be completed to ensure that a student receives their full financial aid. Only one school can pay a student financial aid per semester. Please call the financial aid office for more information about consortium agreements.