Skip to content

What can Financial Aid do for me?

The Snow College Financial Aid Department offers several important types of financial assistance to students 


PELL - This award ranges from approximately $600 to $5815 and is the principle federal grant program. The amount is based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is calculated based on information supplied to the U.S. Department of Education in the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).

SEOG - Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant - This grant has a limited budget and is awarded to students who apply early and are Pell grant eligible.


Stafford (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) - Loans made by and guaranteed by the Federal Government (Department of Education). Stafford Loans range from $0 to $5500 per year depending on need and year in school. The Federal Government pays the interest on Subsidized Stafford Loans until six months after the student leaves school or drops below half-time enrollment.. Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are essentially the same, but there are no interest subsidies. Visit for more information.

PLUS - This is a loan the parent(s) of the student apply for and receive. Therefore eligibility is based on the parents credit rating. It is guaranteed by the Federal Government, but the borrowers are responsible for the interest.


(All on-campus jobs can be viewed on the Snow College jobs page.)

Work Study - The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need. Students must be awarded "work-study" before they can apply for any work-study position. Work-Study funds are disbursed in a monthly paycheck. These jobs are typically 8-12 hours per week.

Other Campus Jobs - All students can apply for "Work to Learn" and "Hourly" job positions.