Nelson Abbott- 1997 Alum
- Where are you currently employed?I have been self-employed since September 1997, when I started my own insurance agency
with Farm Bureau Financial Services in Payson, Utah.
- What are your hobbies? My hobbies include model railroading, raising pigeons for show, camping and hiking.
- How did Snow College contribute to your accomplishments? In 1997, I graduated Cum Laude with a degree in business management; which prepared
me to run my own business by giving me the skills necessary to manage, run and operate
my own business venture. I have also used these skills as I have served on the Elk
Ridge City Council, Elk Ridge Planning Commission and South Utah Valley Electric Service
District (SESD) Board.
- What is your most memorable moment at Snow College?My most memorable moments are meeting my wife, and creating a "Root Beer Float" for
the homecoming parade in 1996. For this float, my friends and I purchased all the
root beer in stock at Kent's Market grocery store and took them to the dorms. We handed
the root bear out to students and asked them to drink it so we could use the empty
cans. We returned later that evening and collected the empty cans to use in the creation
of out float. It took about 3 hours to glue them together and we ended up with a castle
made out of empty cans of root beer. During the parade route, we threw root beer flavored
- What additional information would you like alumni to know about you? Since graduating, I have been a Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, two-term City
Councilman, Planning Commission Board member, SESD Board member, County Delegate and
If you would like to be highlighted, or know someone who would, please contact the
Advancement Office by phone: 435-283-7060 or email: