The Snow College Faculty Senate represents the faculty in the policy making process
of the College. It is a partner with the administation, Board of Trustees and staff
in promoting the mission of Snow College in the following areas:
- Academic freedom
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites, and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- College governance structures as they relate to faculty roles
- Academic standards
- Faculty advancement, tenure and continuing review
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the Governing
Board and Senate
- Advocate for the faculty
Faculty Senate Committees
Senate committee assignments can be found in the Senate roster.
The Faculty Senate normally meets the second and fourth Wednesday 3:30-5:00 p.m. in
the Noyes, Academy Room during fall and spring semesters.
Meetings are open to interested campus individuals (the committee reserves the right
to closed sessions when needed.) Contact Larry Smith and/or Erick Faatz with agenda
items at least by the Friday before a scheduled meeting time.