Weeds, the Snow College literary journal, is a student production in every possible
sense. The content is written by students and the magazine is staffed and produced
by students. Many, though not all, of the works published in Weeds are originally
composed for English 2250, Creative Writing. The position of editor-in-chief is awarded
Submissions for 2020 are now closed.
2020 Rules and Guidelines
- Faculty and enrolled students (enrolled Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020) of Snow College,
Manti High, Gunnison Valley High, North Sanpete High, Richfield High, North Sevier
High, and South Sevier High are all eligible to submit.
- A student contestant may enter all categories up a limit of three poems, one short story, one creative nonfiction
essay, and two art/photography entries.
A faculty contestant may enter one submission total.
- All entries are due by February 13, 2020
- Poems must be under a total of 90 lines for up to one, two or three poems.
- Short stories and essays must be under 1500 words.
- Winners of our contests will be privately notified and asked to read their entries
at our publication party.