Nonresident Freshman Academic Scholarships

There is not an application for these scholarships, you only need to be officially admitted by the March 1st deadline and qualify academically. The scholarships are available to new incoming freshmen only. 

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

WUE is the Western Undergraduate Exchange, a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). This award pertains only to nonresident students from AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, ND, NM, NV, OR, SD, WA, WY. Students receiving this award will have their tuition reduced BY one and one half times the cost of resident tuition. Consideration for this award is based on high school GPA, ACT or SAT I scores, and the date the student is admitted to Snow College. Any new student from a qualifying state meeting the academic requirements  will be placed on the WUE awarding list based on the student's date of admission. The scholarship is then awarded upon availability. This scholarship cannot be deferred.

Snow College cannot award a WUE scholarship until a current student loses or gives up the scholarship, either through graduation or not meeting scholarship requirements. Students receiving this scholarship might not be notified until June.

Current Snow College Students and Transfer students must have a Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better to be considered for the WUE scholarship.

NOTE: Any credits earned by students on a WUE scholarship cannot be used to meet the requirements for Utah residency.

Nonresident Tuition Waiver

The Nonresident Tuition Waiver is a one year scholarship open to all new nonresident students, from any state. The amount of the award is equal to one half of the difference between nonresident and resident tuition. Any new student meeting the academic requirements will be placed on the awarding list based on the student's date of admission. The scholarship is then awarded based upon availability. This scholarship cannot be deferred and student must meet all academic requirements.

Students must meet ALL Admission Requirements to be considered for ANY Snow College scholarships. Students will not be placed on the "WUE" or "Nonresident Tuition Waiver" award list(s) until s/he is admitted. 

NOTE: While you may qualify for one of these academic scholarships, these awards are awarded based on available funds. We encourage students to apply as early as possible. All are awarded on a first-come first-served basis. 


Apply Apply Now!

 arrow Current Tuition & Fees