Skip to content


Students registered for 6 or more credits are covered by an accidental injury insurance program that covers injuries that occur while involved in campus activities (excluding participation in collegiate athletics). This policy is secondary to other insurance coverage a student may have. In the event of an accidental injury the supervising faculty or staff member needs to submit an accident report to Public Safety Chief Derek Walk. He can be reached at (435) 283-7170 or email ude.wons@klaw.kered. Following receipt of the accident report, Chief Walk can assist students with the process of making an insurance claim through the accidental injury insurance provider.

Students are responsible for their own medical insurance coverage, either through their parents or themselves. Information about independently provided student medical insurance plans is available by checking this link: or other comparable websites.